But then you are also saying that she didn't get the job because she was the most qualified, she got the job because she was the most qualified person that the manager liked.
You are adding additional modifiers that are out of the scope of the argument. She got the job because she was the most qualified. If the above statement is true, and complete, and there are NO other modifiers like manager preference. Then wouldn't this statement also be true: I didn't get the job because I was not the most qualified. We can add things on the end to prove our point all we want, however that is not what I am trying to do. Given the information we have available considering this is a hypothetical situation that I made up, this is it. These are the facts. The person was picked by a computer that ranked the individuals based on a pre-determined merit system that all candidates were aware of. > -----Original Message----- > From: Won Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:33 PM > To: CF-Community > Subject: Re: Who Doesn't Discriminate? (WAS: playing the race card) > > > Here is an example that does not use AA: > > Statement: she got the job because she was the most qualified candidate. > > Since she got the job because she was more qualified; I must have been > > passed over because I was not the most qualified. > > > > By your logic my example above is not true. > > Yes, that statement is not true. You may have been passed over for > myriad reasons. Maybe you didn't get the job because the manger > disliked you. Maybe you didn't get the job because the manager > preferred to work with someone else > > More over, the absence of AA doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a merit > based system. People get passed over all the time for inane reasons. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support efficiency by 100% http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144620 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54
