You are digging into the hypothetical here, trying to add more to it than is there.
My point was that all of these statements add up to say the same thing. If person A received more points because of race, and person B did not receive those because of race. And if person A received the job because the points gained by their race put them over person B. Then person A received the job because of their race and person B was penalized because of it. > -----Original Message----- > From: Won Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:33 PM > To: CF-Community > Subject: Re: Who Doesn't Discriminate? (WAS: playing the race card) > > Nick McClure wrote: > > So let us look at this: > > > > Statement 1: He got the job over me because he is black > > What company is going to tell you, "You got the job because you are > black."? > > > Statement 2: I didn't get the job because I'm not black > Is this a true statement or one person's opinion > > > Statement 3: I didn't get the job because I'm white > > You might have not gotten the job because you are male. Or maybe > because you aren't black. Maybe he had the same exact qualifications > and was black. Who knows. Illogical statement. > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble Ticket application http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144638 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54
