Warning: different Jerry alert!

I think it is really a question of CAN you use notepad, not DO you.
Do you as a developer know all the tags and functions and their
attributes well enough that you can type them in by hand without the
aid of the editing environment?

Because when it really hits the fan, and you are balancing the
keyboard on your lap, and your fingers aren't working due to the
frigid temperatures in the colocation server room you are sitting in
trying to get a problem fixed while your client pleads in your ear,
you aren't going to have your comfortable development environment.

Jerry Johnson
Web Developer