This whole moral equivalency thing is getting tired, man.

This isn't a discussion about religious tolerance or freedom of speech, it is a
discussion about respect for the rule of law. Muslims in the U.S. are not
rioting in the streets over these cartoons. Why not? Because they believe in
the rights - and responsibilities- of being part of a free civil society. Are
they offended? Maybe, sure. Are people angry, offended? Sure, and that's fine.
Our society allows people to express their anger, their disgust at what they
see as offensive to them.

What our society does not allow is for people to create armed militias who
publicly threaten the lives and safety of others- for any reason. That is the
basic problem with Palestinian society today- no respect for the rule of law.
You want to spin that into some kind of problem with the West, whatever, but
you can't alter the fact that the Palestinian territories are only a rung or
two above Somalia in their respect for the rule of law. Where else do you see
armed gangs roaming the streets killing people at will without fear of
retribution? Somalia, parts of Afghanistan. Other spots, too, but those places
top the list. Not exactly model states, although both countries have made
progress in building civil government in limited areas.

This is not a problem with the West, with Israel, or with any other nation.
This is an internal Palestinian problem that they need to sort out if they ever
hope to join the world community in a meaningful way.