What other route?

ALL the major carriers in the US are going to do this, your connection must
terminate or pass through their network at some point.

It REMOVES the level playing field of the internet totally. That's what I've
been trying to point out.That's what the articles point out, that's what has
people so very worried that the US might kill the internet as we know it with
this legislation.

I am not so convinced of that.  You obviously are.  But I suspect market forces
may contribute to the downfall, even if this legislation comes to pass.  It
just takes one carrier to drop their price to get more of the market before
another one does to stay completive.  Because of the nature of TCI/IP
protocols, these backbones are the ultimate commodity.  Each and every packet
of data will find a way to get from point A point B.  So if provider A says
they are full then it will go to provider B, or C or D or brand new E, who just
came to market because he sees demand for a provider that does not charge extra
like all the others are.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.