I used to like dells a lot, but lately, their quality does seem to be
slipping.  Maybe it's because they're offering the low end versions
that everybody seems to buy.  I don't know of anyone with a dell
laptop that hasn't crashed yet.  My brother's latitude has lost 2
drives, my sisters 3 month old XPS lost a hard drive already, Anthony,
the guy who's family is currently living with ours, has lost 2 hard
drives on his 1.5 year old latitude.  Also, his panel above the
keyboard that shows the scroll lock and num lock overheated a chip and
burned it up.  Meanwhile, of the 3 thinkpad's I've owned, none have
lost a hard drive and the only problem I've had with any of them was
the 'p' key would come off the riser every once in a while.