I just don't want to get my hopes up, without something definitive.

I agree, the killing of Zarqawi was a great thing. And the capture of
the documents will probably be even more important in the long run.

I am very excited about the possibilities.

But the entire thing really comes back to: are the Iraqis willing to
stand up and shoulder the responsibility. Not just the police, who are
paying a heavy price, but the "Iraqi people" as a whole.

I don't have an answer to this. It is the same question that is
keeping the Palestinians down. (And, truthfully, has been the problem
in many inner-city communities riddled with drugs and crime)

The fact that Zarqawi was got, and was got because someone turned on
him, is actually the best sign from the whole thing.