The hybrid is more expensive, a fair bit more, after doing the math, it
would take 6 or 7 years to make up the difference in the hybrid in the cost
of gas, and that was based on $3.00 a gallon for gas.

When we bought our escape, we drove the hybrid model. It was several
thousand more, had less features, and didn't have the ability to tow
anything. There was only one or two in town, and the dealers wouldn't budge
on the sticker price.

The supply isn't there to make the hybrid SUV an option yet.