That's my point, actually.

You are in fact not saying "There's no way!"  You're saying "There's no way
that I'll accept."

Those are two very different things.  And that's perfectly fine - those with
the means should, without guilt, spend their money however they like.  But
to say that "We need to heat our homes and power our lights" as if the
options simply don't exist is facetious.

The options clearly exist: you're just not willing make changes or
compromise on particular aspects.  Again, this is fine - but don't cite lack
of options (or ignorance of them) as deciding factors.  You've clearly
thought about things more deeply than that.

Jim Davis