> What the hell is the current gun control legislation other than poorly
> enacted and enforced laws?  Making universities gun free zones were
> what made this tragedy such a tragedy.  What would have happened if a
> single professor or student who had been killed was able to draw down
> on this guy?
>
> He was a wacko.  A gun safety class would not have done a damn thing.
> Mandatory concealled carry would have given him pause.

You're assuming rationality in this case. In all likelihood that would have
just fed the fantasies he was enacting. Besides who is to say that he just
wouldn't have shot the first few people with firearms, more guns and ammo for
him. Simply and bluntly put, people do not act rationally in such a situation,
there would have been people firing all over the place, with all sorts of
collateral damage.