> Dana wrote:
> eh. The beating will continue until morale improves.

It would appear that there are many Americans who feel that there is
no irresponsible use of the American military given the remotest
connection to something "in America's interest" or even just something
that seems moral like "freeing the people".

Mr. Bush's Marketing Campaign #1: When Iraq stands up, we stand down.
Failed.  The Iraqi military in the 6 years since that policy started
hasn't stood up.

Bush Ad #2: Surge to give room for the Iraqi politicians to hammer
this out.  Failed.  The politicians went on vacation.

Bush Ad #3: Return on success.  This is the best yet from a marketing
perspective: it has the words "return" and "success" in it.
Unfortunately it's simply good marketing wrapped around #2.  Which
failed.

Patreaus' report was complete crap - statistics that were wrapped in
the in best light possible.  Basically he said, "we went on a diet,
gained 30 pounds, "surged", and now we've lost 10.  But we have to
stop surging now due to all of our success."  Uhhh ... but you gained
20 pounds ...

So when does it become irresponsible to send willing troops into a meat grinder?

Of course Boehner said yesterday that their death was, "a small price to pay".

BTW -- anybody hear that Patreaus' boss is putting together the REAL
assessment?  I heard it will be none to pretty, but I need more info