Tactical retreat isn't the same thing complete withdrawal, you know this
man.

He's also the highest decorated marine and probably killed more people than
you know.

<qoute>
In the Korean war, Puller led the landing at Inchon. Then the Chinese
Communists came swarming across the Yalu, and once again, the marines handed
the toughest job to Puller. He was put in command of the rear guard that was
to cover the marines' retreat in subzero weather from the Chosin reservoir.
Ordered to abandon equipment and vehicles, Puller not only kept everything
he had but collected many trucks that the Army had abandoned along the way.
He loaded the wounded into trucks and Jeeps, strapped frozen bodies on
bumpers and hoods, and set out to fight his way to safety through the
encircling hordes of Chinese. "We're not retreating," he told his marines.
"We've about-faced to get at more of those bastards."
</quote>

http://tinyurl.com/32uw9z