> Chesty wrote:
> Shouldn't the goal of war be to annihilate our enemy?  That would be so much
> easier than winning their hearts and minds, and cheaper as well.

The problem, as the real Chesty knew, is that the enemy has to be
defined.  In Iraq only 5% of it is.

We've got about 5% Al Queda (which our presence may be
self-generating), and 95% civil war (Patreaus calls it an
"ethno-sectarian conflict").  So who's the enemy?

We simply don't have enough troops to lock down the country and clean
it out block by block so it just becomes a never ending loop.

"Return on success" really means "report to the Iraqis" since now,
based on Bush's speech, our troops are essentially reporting to, and
at the mercy of, the Iraqis.  They decide when we succeed.

So I wonder if that means Iraqi veterans can get dual Iraqi citizenship?