I don't know about this scenario.  It's got a vigilante justice feel
to it.  If I were investigating, I'd be making sure that he didn't
shoot first and then drag them over to his property.

<snip>
Caller: "Boom. You're dead." (Sounds of gunshots) "Get the law over
here quick. I've managed to get one of them, he's in the front yard
over there. He's down, the other one is running down the street. I had
no choice. They came in the front yard with me, man. I had no choice.
</snip>

This makes it sound like he was hunting them.  Reminds me of the
southpark episode where Jimbo and Ned get around hunting regulations
by yelling "It's coming right for us!" in order to kill the animal in
"self-defense"