probably luck and the difference between being in the DC suburbs and on the
eastern shore. IANAL but that's my thought. Also, the dude in the case I'm
talking about died. And it's possible that your friend was smart enough to
shut up until his friends got him a lawyer. Wesley was not; he was totally
convinced he was in the right. He'd been saying stuff like you are saying
now and they could not have me testify about the pattern of this guy
breaking in because I would have had to talk about him saying that stuff --
which would have reinforced premeditation.