On Nov 15, 2007 8:08 AM, C. Hatton Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Take a look at this ad created by Dove (caution, includes
> rapid images of women in undies and surgical procedures):
> http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/home.asp

I think that's a very good message to get out there - it's certainly a
lot healthier than the message the "beauty industry" is trying to
pitch to young girls. We - as a nation, as parents, as citizens -
should be very aware of the beauty industry's constant attempts to
make young women feel inadequate and that pills, surgery or even just
obsessive dieting are somehow the "answer" to a non-existent problem.

> The Catholics have posted the following:
> http://www.onenewsnow.com/2007/11/catholic_league_issues_warning.php
> and my take on their opposition is preservationist in nature.

That's certainly one of the more paranoid and sensational ravings that
I've seen on the subject... Perhaps people forget that the Catholic
church in Europe was indeed a dark, oppressive force that went round
torturing and killing people for their (non-)beliefs? I see parallels
between the Magisterium of the Golden Compass and the Inquisition of
old.

> All that said, my kids probably won't watch it

It is a PG-13 so it is clearly considered inappropriate for young children!
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood