> Jim wrote:
> Although the question may still be open as to how an observer might affect
> the outcome of wave function collapse there's nothing that even remotely
> suggests that that outcome would be "what we want it to be".

Hmm, I wasn't connecting anything to QM specifically, simply pointing
out that, at present, it's the state of the art in understanding
reality.  Therefore if Buddhism is the study how to best experience
reality, and physics is the study of what reality is, then reality's
origins or causes must be revealed by the state of physics study in
some future state (when we can explain the cause of the Big Bang for
example).

Christianity, on the other hand, claims to have already answered the
question of reality's origin/cause.

Seems to me that Christianity and physics are both the study of the
origin of reality.  If that's true, and we're calling Christianity
religion, then mustn't we also call physics religion?  Where's the
flaw in reasoning?