On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I prefer to think (probably naively) that McCain's core values (many, but
> not all, of which I agree with) are essentially untouched but that he
> decided to do what needed to be done to secure the nomination.
>
> "Playing the game" may not be noble, but it does work.  I can't see he
> would
> have had a chance otherwise.
>
> Jim Davis

Here's the problem with that Jim: If he gets elected, what does every first
term president spend those 4 years doing? Ensuring they have a second term.
And how do you do that? By playing to the people who got you the FIRST term.

So if he sells out his ideas to get the nomination, we can expect at least 4
years of him continuing to do that. So at that point, you've just hired
another conservative, and haven't really gotten anything new in the deal.

--
Her face used to feel so soft
Until her agent's doctor pulled it off