On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Dino wrote:
> >  Point is, when the issue was finally brought out into the open the
> response
> >  was more politics than rejection.
>
> He's denounced and rejected.  Which I think is mostly crap since I
> think we've sunk to a new low in politics if now a candidate's pastor
> is in play.

Huh? where have you been? Pastors and anyone else with a current influence
on a candidate have been fair game for ages. Same for a candidates history
from birth on.
As for his denounce and reject, it was as soft a sell as I've ever seen.

> I got married in a Swedenborgian church and we've attended the church
> on and off since.  I really like the guy who married us and we've had
> some great conversations with him but boy does he say and believe some
> wacky stuff.

But is he your personal spiritual mentor? Is he the one you go to for
questions of a moral/spiritual nature? Do you take your moral cues from him?

> I guess I always considered my relationship with him, and with God, to
> be a private matter.

Your not running for president. :)
But if you did, everything you've ever said here will be used against you.
Every line of code you've ever written will be analyzed for insight into
your psyche.

> If I hire someone, I don't ask them about their religion and they
> don't ask me.  If I interview for a position, I don't expect to get
> asked about my religion nor do I ask my prospective employer about
> theirs.

Again, most powerful office on the planet vs. a business hire. BIG
difference. If we treated our presidents like we do our hires, we'd be
voting for a no-name with the best qualifications instead of what we have
now (in every party)

> As for candidates, I could give a shit if McCain sought endorsement by
> freakshow, if Obama has black lib preacher, if Romney is a Mormon, or
> if Clinton is a fake Christian.

How would you feel if someone running for president had Osama Bin Ladin as
his spiritual adviser? Anyone can say anything publicly but its how they act
privately, what they hold true to their heart that is important and if we're
electing a leader we NEED to know if he holds these truths to be self
evident that all men are created equal. His spiritual adviser, the man who
brought him to Christianity doesn't.