that's not quite what he said. He said that if the sound bytes Fox
News is playing were alll there was to the story, he probably would
have left that church. I watched that speech carefully several times
then showed it to a couple of other people.

I am a Catholic who does not believe that the pope is the voice of
God, and who was horrified at the suggestion that a politician who was
not rabidly anti-abortion should be denied the sacraments. In some
pple's eyes that makes me not a Catholic and that's fine. But the
sense of the sacred that I learned in the Catholic church is important
to me noetheless so actually I think he was expressing a complicated
and siincere sentiment, and was very brave to make a speech that was
geared to the thoughtful people in the country. It's definitely not
the usual political script.

And you know what? If George Bush came out and said you know what
folks we need to work together to solve our problems -- and I thought
he was sincere -- I'd sign up tomorrow.