> Adam wrote:
>  Now ask yourself, At what point does the owner's loss of his gun cease to
>  make him culpable?

I realize these types of issues can be controversial (as seen in other
threads), but ... what the hell ...

There seem to be 2 issues here (I could be wrong):

1.) product liability, and
2.) personal liability

For product liability, as we know from many heated discussions,
"fault" and degree of fault is a finding of fact by a jury.  That is,
juries can do whatever they want when it comes to punishing companies
as per the Liability Act of 197?.  So they can just as easily say that
the holster is responsible or the gun.  That is, there's no right
answer, it's up the the jury to decide.

As for personal liability, this is where gun law could help.  You
could make the gun owner responsible for, or an accomplice to, any
crime committed by that gun when it's out of his/her possession for
any reason, voluntary or accident.

If that were the case, the gun owner could sue the holster
manufacturer, but would still be responsible for the shooting.