You have the premise of this all wrong.

The law would enable those damaged by acts such as firing without regard to
background (people milling about behind the guy at which you're firing) or
not reasonably securing their gun (leaving it out in an unlocked home, or in
the glove compartment of a car while not in the car when it's stolen) to
have prescribed remedies under the law.

And a poorly-fitting holster is entirely the responsibility of the owner to
not use if it is not serviceable at the moment he attempts to step into the
public.  If, on the other hand, a holster that is serviceable at the moment
he steps into the public then becomes defective under normal use (a very,
very rare case -- a pure fluke, if you're familiar with holsters and their
wear and tear), then the owner would have a case against the holster
manufacturer.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President