I'm thinking widespread change like you're after is more a societal
deal than a legal deal.

Laws have their place, but with a flawed legal system, I'm hesitant to
rely on them so heavily.

My dad's got a great story about how a "voluntary" boat registration
became a required boat tax...

Why not just, (if throwing the book at X really works(I'm not so
sure)) have really stiff stuff for the commission of gun crimes, and
put the entire onus on the perp, vs. the person who sold/made/provided
the weapon?

I'm getting tired of this attitude that there's always someone else
who's responsible (someone with deeper pockets, usually).

The real problem is people killing each other.
We can do that without guns.

Not to poo-poo the ideas-- hell, go for it!

I'm thinking it's just a never-ending deal tho-  fire cooks and fire
burns.  Fire isn't self aware, that we know of.

Regulating fire is hard.
-Denny

--
Why did the gun look like a tree-branch to River?  :]