> Adam wrote:
>  very rare case -- a pure fluke, if you're familiar with holsters and their
>  wear and tear), then the owner would have a case against the holster
>  manufacturer.

Is there some law that supersedes "the theory of strict liability" in
that case then?

As far as I know, the consumer can sue for damages for any reason at
any time and whether any damages are paid is solely up to the 12
people in the jury:

"In general, products liability claims are based not on negligence,
but rather on strict liability. Under the theory of strict liability,
a manufacturer is held liable regardless of whether it acted
negligently. It allows recovery for an injured customer who might be
in a difficult position to prove what a manufacturer did or did not do
wrong in its design or manufacturing process. It is presumed that a
manufacturer with its deep pockets may be better situated to absorb
the cost of liability and would consider such expense in setting price
for its products."