>keep your head up, and be good to your next little one, and im sure
>he/she will be just as good to you as this one...

Well, I do have another little sheltie now (so glad I didn't wait to get
another dog!) and he's a sweetie and I love him dearly too, but he really will
never be special to me the way Taz was. When people talk about a
once-in-a-lifetime dog, well, he really was totally that for me. I've had quite
a few dogs and cats in my life and lost them before, but none had a hold on my
heart the way he did. Maybe, just maybe I will be lucky enough to some day to
have another dog that even comes close to what I had with him, but dogs like
him truly are very rare gifts indeed. I think it's particularly something that
those of us that train and show dogs really recognize more than most, when you
have one of these dogs that just has this amazing perception and understanding
and ability well past what dogs normally have.

That's so wonderful that you had that time to let all your friends come and
visit with Rocky again. I wish so much that I'd had even 10 minutes to spend
with Taz where he was still alert and able to respond to properly say my
goodbyes and I know my mom and the rest of my family would have loved that
chance to. But then Taz always was impatient with lots of petting and fussing
and people being all close to him, he'd rather you just threw him a toy or gave
him a treat, so as much as it hurts me to have not had that time, it probably
was best for him to go this way.

--- Mary Jo