From: Sam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 1:56 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: the list

That's the battle you need to fight first, equality through civil
unions. It'll be much easier to win. Once all or most States have it,
the next battle will be easier. That's my point about not being
anti-gay. I'd say anyone against equality under civil union is
anti-gay, and that'll weed them out from the religious or other
issues. The marriage term scares people more. Forced education, as you
mentioned, seems to get traction with changing marriage, but not with
civil unions. I vaguely remember a law last year or two in California
about banning the mention of a mother and father as a family in all
school books. Brothers and sisters couldn't be mentioned unless
"other" was also included. I don't know how true it is or if it's just
a worse case scenario about the law but it's not helping the cause.