>Because after old people rattling on about their health, there is _nothing_
>on earth more annoying than have to listen to someone babbling about their
>faith.

Then you are simply not someone I would associate with. Because I would feel
the same way about the way guys often go on about sports or cars or any number
of things I don't particularly care about either. But if it's someone I am
friends with or find interesting, I understand it's their passion and enjoy
their enthusiasm for discussing it, even if it's not of great interest to me.
And I may even figure out why they find it interesting...and that's how I've
gotten into watching sports I would have considered boring, or TV shows I never
would have watched, etc.

>But if I barely know you, I don't want to even hear about your mother in
>law, let alone your faith.

Well if I barely know someone, I hardly am going to talk about the weather, let
alone more important things. But someone that wants to be any part of my life
at all has to be respectful of my beliefs and my talking about it from time to
time, whether they share them or not. I've had many atheist/agnostic friends
and we have great discussions, and agree to disagree. I simply would not care
to be around someone that puts rules and limits on what I'm allowed to talk
about.