>Perhaps the better solution is to make it easy to form a union but to
>have open shops? You get into a potential mess there, however, with
>management favoring non-union employees and trying to force the union
>out. I don't know. It's a complex topic. Anyway, I just want the
>debate to center around the actual facts of the bill rather than the
>partisan mischaracterizations of it.
>
>Judah

Mischaracterization seems typical of many on this list of all political stripes.

That said a possible solution may be to use a Rand Formula for unionized shops.
Everyone pays union dues. Those who are not union members, or choose not to be
have their dues go to a charitable fund of their designation, less the amount
taken out for medical and pension. You're not in the union, but you still pay
what everyone pays. That may be a fair solution.