I have been forced in my life 3 times to either join a union, or quit my
job.

Twice I quit. Once I needed the job to the point I had to accept the
blackmail.

I paid 17 bucks a pay period to the union.

I received minimum wage, with no health benefits, and no vacation time.

Boy, glad they were earning that union money!