Wow...Gruss is being dense today.  The policies did not exist when a lot of
these people (including myself) started working there AD these policies were
not changed by the company for which we worked, they were changed by an
outside group.  If it was the company who cahnged the rules or the rules
were in place, I would be in total agreement with you, but in this case (and
it is one that has really soured me towards unions) that was not what
happened.  The policies were chanegd by the union, not the company, the
union.

you contend that if a majority of the employees voted for the union then
this is OK and if the others do not like it they can look for work
elsewhere. So, if a majority of the employees in a company vote that its ok
to tell racist/sexist jokes than they should be allowed to do so, and anyone
who does not like it should be told to look for work elsewhere? Is that how
its supposed to work?

That attitude remionds me of some things that were said by Thomas
Jeffereson:

All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of
the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be
reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law
must protect, and to violate would be oppression.

And

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the
people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.