I was management when the union tried to get into my company.  We were
specifically told we could not do any of the things you claim you can do.
There are laws, at least in NJ that dictate what an employer can and cannot
say when a union is tryign to push its way in.

However, on the flip side, the union can promise its perspective members
anythign that will get them to vote 'yes'.

Only one thign you said would be correct. Employees coyld not have meetings
about the union on company time, but I see no issue with that. No more than
if the employees were puttign together a model airplabe club, they would not
be allowed to meet on compoany time to discuss that either.