> RoMunn wrote:
> LOL, you are a true sucker for that populist line. "The unions" - the fat
> cats running the show for the unions - no better represent the interests of
> the workers than the management of the companies where they work.

Couldn't agree with you more.  As I've said lots o' times, I spent 10
years simulataneously fighting 3 unions, one of which was the IAM, so
I'm pretty aware of how things work.  Also my mother was a union
member her entire life - and also perpetual scab.  She was only a
member because - like Scott - she had to be.

So trust me guys, I gots me lots o' union experience.

I'm indifferent to this bill because I think labor policy/corporate
governance is totally and completely fucked up.

Maybe the largest sign of that is that Wall Street is getting bonuses
the average American's income DROPPED over the last decade and now
that same worker is bailing out entire industries.  Oh yeah, and the
financial crisis that's almost imploded the entire planet.

So I don't think we need many more signs that we've got serious
SERIOUS policy problems.

Whining about Card Check is like whining about scorch marks on your
curb after your house has burned down.

So I see things this way:

(1.) Obama becomes one of the greatest Presidents of all time through
a total egalitarian overhaul of business policy.  If this happens Card
Check is irrelevant.

(2.) Obama fails and we have the status quo or worse.  In this case
Card Check is totally irrelevant because our country will no longer be
recognizable and I'll live elsewhere.

So, basically, I'm indifferent.