> Dana wrote:
>
> maybe it is, but in my opinion there are people who at certain times in
> their lives should not be in college.

Yup, and to focus on that misses and/or avoids the core question: who
should be going to college?

In other words, what purpose do we as a society see for college?

And whatever we see it for, it's definitely a bubble and at the same
time its value is dropping - at least looking at the people coming out
of college and applying for jobs at my company.

Given the internet I could definitely see a day where the prestigious
credential to take to a job interview is NOT as much an Ivy league
education as it is having started and ran a successful "micro
business".