> Larry  wrote:
>
> You missed my point entirely. Business does not make a good doctor.
> Similarly someone working as a therapeutic agent, whether in
> psychology, psychiatry, juvenile treatment and rehabilitation whatever
> would not do better because they had a business background that
> someone who had a background in psych with experience in delivering
> therapy

But the whole point of my post was what value is college and

(1.) All things being equal, someone who's got a successful track
record of running a business is a superior candidate to someone who
does not, and

(2.) In many cases some with that business track record will be a
superior candidate period.

The examples you're using are moot because obviously someone cannot
legally practice medicine or law without sufficient training so, in
those cases, point #1 applies.  In other words, in those cases, you
must assume both candidates meet the minimum legal requirements for a
job.

But in other cases that successful business experience may trump
college.  Maybe even in ALL of those other cases.

Personally, and in general, I'd take someone who successfully ran
their own business over someone with a college degree any day.