The aid that has to be spent in America? The aid that is limited to
military equipment and is used mostly on fuel, ammunition, and the
like? One of the links I provided to Maureen discussed this in more
detail.

The aid (about 3 billion) was part of the peace treaty with Egypt and
I'm all for killing it off. All it does now is support our own
military/industrial complex (literally). The only problem would be
that the aid to Egypt would have to be pulled and restructured at the
same time and that could do really bad things to Egypt.

In many ways, we're propping up Egypt so it isn't 'lost' to groups
like the Muslim Brotherhood (no, not nice people in the least). And
again, this is no joke. We could lose Egypt like that and if it goes,
there goes Middle East peace.