Apparently, I may have misinterpreted this comment by you:

'It's socializing...it's part of human nature Scott...'

And for that I apologize.

I have had bad experiences with a very small part of a lot of groups,
such as african americans, puerto ricans, whites, religious folk,
atheists, politicians, doctors, soldiers...and the list goes on and
on. But I try not to let my experiences with those few affect my
opinion of the entire group. You, however, do not seem to be able to
do the same.

To be honest, it would be easier to accept if you said, 'You know
what, homeschooling just doesn't seem right to me, and I really cannot
explain why' rather than rehashing the same old bullshit people have
been saying since homeschool started becoming more popular again - you
do realize that for a large part of our country's history everyone was
home schooled, right?

Here is a short list of some people you might have heard of who were
homeschooled:

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, John Quincy Adams,
Abraham Lincoln, William Henry Harrison, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow
Wilson, Franklin D Roosevelt, Abigail Adams, Mercy Warren, Martha
Washington, Forence Nightingale, Phyllis Wheatley, Agatha Christie,
Pearl S. Buck, Robert E. Lee, Douglas MacArthur, George Patton, John
Singleton Copley, Andrew Wyeth, Rembrandt Peale, Claude Monet, Ansel
Adams, Mark Twain, George Bernard Shaw, Irving Berlin, Charles
Dickens, C.S. Lewis, Blaise Pascal, Booker T. Washington, Thomas
Edison,Benjamin Franklin,Andrew Carnegie, John Stuart Mill and many,
many more

I do not doubt that you have had bad experiences with home schoolers,
I myself have, but that does not mean we are all cut from the same
cloth, nor that we do it for the same reasons. You lump me and every
other homeschooling family into the same group, and that is why I feel
that you are intolerant.

To me, you are no different than the Bible thumpers who rally against
gay people.

As for being qualified to teach, how would you explain that home
schoolers consistently score higher on standardized tests than public
school kids? How do you explain that, based on these studies, home
schoolers seem to be doing a better job educating than those who are
'qualified' to teach?

--
Scott Stroz