On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Eric Roberts
<ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> I don’t think Dana and Scott are interested in discussing this with people
> that disagree with them.  They would rather act like pompous asses whose pet
> idea can't be wrong since that might make them wrong....and we can't let
> that happen.  They remind me of fundamentalists who have a monopoly on the
> right thing (tm) and anyone who disagrees is automatically wrong or
> intolerant or uneducated.
>
> Eric

I have no issue with the fact that you do not like home schooling, but
I do take issue with the fact that your opinion is based on, and you
are spreading, mis-information.

You are funny (in a sad kind of way), you have expressed your opinion,
which is obviously based on mis-information.

You first claimed that the only people who should be allowed to teach
children are trained and certified teachers. Well, there have been
plenty of studies that have shown that home schooled children
consistently score higher on standardized tests than public school
children of the same age.

When this was pointed out, you switched tactics and started on the
'socialization' myth. When I posted links to excerpts of studies that
show home schoolers are no more likely to be socially inept than those
in public school, you resorted to name calling and claiming I cannot
discuss the topic.

Its OK, I understand, sometimes people are frightened by things that
are different than what they were taught in their little concrete
boxes people call public school. Its OK that real facts frighten you
when you felt so comfortable in your own little work where you could
just make stuff up. I get it. You were fed from the same public school
trough I was, only difference, I learned its OK to have alternatives,
even if they go against main stream thinking.

--
Scott Stroz