Most major polls, reported by all media outlets, showed 3 things:

1) a majority of Americans were against "Obamacare", when asked about the
bill as a whole, without any explanation of the contents
2) a majority of Americans did not know what was in the bill
3) a majority of Americans supported almost all of the individual reforms in
the health care overhaul bill, when asked about each part individually