On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Larry C. Lyons <larrycly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what's you're point? Surely you should know by now that anecdotes
> are not worth the paper they're written on. They only typically used
> when the person arguing doesn't have the data to back up his point, or
> is intellectually dishonest and will make up stories as evidence.

If you were a little intelligent, you'd realize I was responding to
Eric's anecdotal proof of how superior the other systems are. I just
stuck a pin in his bubble. And obviously my brother-in-law is not a
unique case, he's the norm. But like I said he's in the UK, not
Canada.

> Look at the over all stats. People in those countries with a national
> health system like Britain, Australia, New Zealand, France or Canada,
> are healthier, live longer and have much lower health care costs than
> in the US.

How many times do we have to argue this? They live longer because they
don't drive as much which causes more accidents and don't murder as
much. The fact that they cost is lower doesn't make it better. Canada
sends there difficult cases to the US. How much would they spend
without us?

> tell us another one Monkey boy. Perhaps eventually you and veracity
> may become acquainted.

Wonder if G thinks that's childish?