On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Sam wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM, denstar wrote:
>
>> It's been out of control for as long as I can remember, really, 'cept
>> for a time towards the end of Clinton's tenure (guess "he" robbed
>> social security to do that tho?).
>
> You pay attention, that's good.
> Taxes and spending haven't been that bad in recent years. Tomorrow
> it's going to be bad.

I'll bring my umbrella.  :]

>> My point is that we've mandated surveillance technology be built into
>> everything we use.  Not a Smart Idea (Re: The Greeks).
>
> Ah so you think the whole surveillance idea  thing is new, started with Bush.

No.  What happened under his leadership was especially bad though.

>> Nonsense.  Knowing you're being listened-in on leads to all *kinds* of
>> interesting possibilities.
>
> So it can be fun yet you complain?

It's fun for those who find that kind of shit fun, but the average
person probably isn't that crazy.

*I* might be super awesome, but I don't think everyone else is me.

Some folk don't like the idea of being watched all the time.  I can
only assume it's because they don't have my luscious physique.

>> The definition of life must not be *that* tricky, then.
>
> LOL. So how high must the sprout be for us to eat it.

I'm pretty sure we eat seeds too.

>> Are there only certain things worth saving enough to kill for?  Seems
>> like you'd have to draw the line somewhere, else you're out there
>> moving bugs off the road, out of harms way and whatnot.
>
> War sucks but some times it's a necessary evil. Remember WWII?

Like it was yesterday.

Or perhaps midway through the 1900s.

>> They don't seem to pretend as much as the Republicans.  But they're
>> also less cohesive.
>
> So if Obama says unemployment will stay around 10% for a long time
> then it's ok because he's honest?

It's more O.K. than if Bush43 had said it, yes.  Bush43 was precedent
setting (LOL!).

The rabid right is all over Obama; like bits of crap on a hairy
asshole.  And unlike the rabid left, the rabid right gets shit done.

I'm not so scared that Obama will say the sky is red, and that a
majority of citizens would take it at face value, which *was* the case
with Bush43.

Basically Sam, you're here, so it's lame but generally o.k., comparatively.

Taking us to war on false pretenses?  Not so much.

>> It got a lot bigger under Bush43, but I note that fiscal
>> responsibility wasn't on that "Bad Bush" list, per-se.  Cool that you
>> put the attempted fix on there tho.  Real cool.
>
> I don't think anyone was happy with the out-of-control spending during
> the Bush years. But now it's quadrupled and accelerating.

Yet you, apparently a tea party supporter, didn't even have out of
control spending on your "Bad Bush" list!

But *now* it's a Bad Thing.
Because it's bigger and faster.

Didn't that sorta happen during Bush43's terms too?  Why are you
"suddenly" opposed to it?

>> Be better if some precedents hadn't been set in the first place, IMO.
>> A good bit of these tea party folks didn't seem to have a problem back
>> then.
>
> If someone comes in five minutes late do you take off the day?

It Depends.

But this is a rather tepid defense/argument, mi compadre.

>> Or maybe they "felt" they were "saving" something, and thus it was "worth
>> it"?
>
> Nope, we new he wasn't saving.

I can't even remember what this was originally in reference to.  D'oh.
 Clipping fail on our part.

* * *

Shout out to all my semi-homies!  That colon-ish deal will bow to my
superior grammatical prowess; this much is true!

Or maybe I'll skip the punctuation.  It's cheaper.

have tux STOP will travel STOP

--
“WHAT HATH GOD