On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Sam wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:00 PM, denstar wrote:
>
>>> Ah so you think the whole surveillance idea  thing is new, started with
>>> Bush.
>>
>> No.  What happened under his leadership was especially bad though.
>
> And now it's worse because of what he started? Which he didn't start.
> He just made it evil so now it's progressively more evil because of
> him?

It's always been Evil.  Bush43 used FUD to push through, or get away
with, a whole grip of Evil though.

>> Some folk don't like the idea of being watched all the time.  I can
>> only assume it's because they don't have my luscious physique.
>
> Tell them to stay out of the big cities and off the internet.

I was going to suggest a healthy lifestyle or maybe plastic surgery.

Your solution is laughable.  Laughter is good for the heart!

>>> So if Obama says unemployment will stay around 10% for a long time
>>> then it's ok because he's honest?
>>
>> It's more O.K. than if Bush43 had said it, yes.  Bush43 was precedent
>> setting (LOL!).
>
> Bush didn't have to say it because he had a plan and it worked. Glad
> you're happy with a Change for 5% to 10% unemployment.

Is this statement similar to the one about McCarthy?  "They /were/
spies" and "he had a plan and it /worked/"?

He had a plan alright, and it seems to have worked.  He and his
friends are doing better than ever.

"We the people" tho... no so much.  Crappy plan in regards to the rest
of us, IMHO.

>> The rabid right is all over Obama; like bits of crap on a hairy
>> asshole.  And unlike the rabid left, the rabid right gets shit done.
>
> When you say shit you mean healthcare?

That was a once in a lifetime exception, like banning assault weapons.

It's The Right that "gets stuff done" due to their unity, is what I
was implying.

Mostly it *is* shit, but still.  At least they're consistent.  :)p

>> I'm not so scared that Obama will say the sky is red, and that a
>> majority of citizens would take it at face value, which *was* the case
>> with Bush43.
>
> That's pretty stupid, you just demonstrated the opposite to be true.
> You admit being duped like a cult follower and yet you mock the masses
> for not seeing the light.

I was duped?  I haven't been surprised in years, man.  It's a curse.

>> Basically Sam, you're here, so it's lame but generally o.k., comparatively.
>
> ?

You are like a watchdog.  You are a check on the unlimited power of
"The O" (Obama, not Oprah-- no one can check /her/ power!).

>> Taking us to war on false pretenses?  Not so much.
>
> Still upset about that? Biden said we won that war that he said we
> lost. You should be happy.

Happy to be lied to?  Maybe, if it's something like "you have a
luscious physique".

You're saying you think it is OK to lie though?

>>> I don't think anyone was happy with the out-of-control spending during
>>> the Bush years. But now it's quadrupled and accelerating.
>>
>> Yet you, apparently a tea party supporter, didn't even have out of
>> control spending on your "Bad Bush" list!
>
> I thought I did. Doesn't matter. It's the scale, if you were mad at
> Bush for spending how you you not be furious with Obama's spending?

If health care reform was a "made up" need, like going to war, I'd be pissed.

>> But *now* it's a Bad Thing.
>> Because it's bigger and faster.
>
> Um yeah. Then: we owe some money and things look good, everyone that
> wanted a job could get one. Now: Our grandchildren owe too much money,
> unemployment is at 10% and will stay there indefinitely. Russia is
> pissing on Obama's leg. China is giggling at us. Some moron from Iran
> just out smarted the so-called brightest democrat we had. CA and NY
> are just about bankrupt and I'm sure many states will follow. What's
> the upside? We will have free insurance in four years if we stay
> solvent?

Then:  things were good.  Now: thing are bad.

Fer realz?

Who's wearing the goggles again?

Look, we've been screwed up for a long time.  It's OK.

>> Didn't that sorta happen during Bush43's terms too?  Why are you
>> "suddenly" opposed to it?
>
> You need to put things in perspective. But if you're willing to take a
> day off of work because someone else was five minutes late then you
> won't unde

Hey, I said "it depends"!  If you can only see in 1s and 0s, you
wouldn't understand (unless you saw *everything* that way, which you
don't).

It is all about perspective though, isn't it?

:Den

--
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the
understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than