"A list of successful blacks is actually indicative that the problems caused
by prejudice and racism have not been solved to the point where they can now
be ignored."

In your eyes it may show that.

To me, it points out the hypocrisy of saying someone is going to be poor or
not successful because of their skin color.

There are a multitude of successful minorities, many of which are at the top
of the profession they have chosen.  If blacks or other minorities were
currently oppressed, there wouldn't be any to make a list of.

I am still waiting on evidence that affirmative action is still needed.

There is a certain irony that if progressive hero Woodrow Wilson would not
have been elected, things would have progressed better than they have:

Woodrow was only the 2nd Democrat elected after the Civil War and the first
from the South.  After election, a Jim Crow style of regulation took over
the Federal government.  Agencies that had been desegregated since the end
of the Civil War were re-segregated.  This includes the use of cafeterias
and bathrooms.  Many Black Managers were demoted or fired and no white was
allowed to report to a black manager.  Wilson's praise of the film "Birth of
a Nation", a film that glorified the KKK calling them heroes instead of the
enforcement arm of the Southern Democratic party, helped the film become a
blockbuster.  It also helped the KKK become a powerful political entity and
spread its influence to Northern and Midwestern states

So, after this, there was no doubt that affirmative action was needed.  In
my opinion, the time has passed.   If it wasn't, there is not way a Black
man would be sitting in the Oval Office.

If affirmative action does have to exist, it should be strictly based on
economics.  As Judah asked, ""How do you determine your ethnicity? When the
census form comes to you, how do you go about figuring out what to put
down?"  There is too much potential for confusion and misinterpretation.
With economics, there is not.

-

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not. I think myself that we have
more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on
the labor of the industrious. - Thomas Jefferson