On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM, morgan l <greyk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But that's the gist of the whole 'birther' argument--that this was a
> conspiracy to get Obama into the White House. And it is stupid. But people
> believe it, and you spout their beliefs like you're one of those that do. I
> can't say if you do or not, but you certainly argue the point as though you
> do.

That was never the argument, that's the straw-man pushed by people
like you to discredit them.

> You want to simply take the Devil's Advocate side of the debate, that's all
> well and good. I do that a bit myself, especially if I'm in a particular
> mood and can muster up a good religious debate. But most of the stuff you
> post doesn't come across as that. Most of it comes across as you parroting
> the Conservative talking heads--right down to you simply posting copy-paste
> jobs from their websites sometimes.

I am not a Birther. I read up on what they have to say when they're
made the fool. I then explain the facts behind there reasoning. I do
believe he was born in Hawaii and I'm almost certain he's eligible to
be president. I do find it curious that he plays the game as if he's
hiding something and I'd like to know what. Theory is to keep them
asking because the press makes them out to be nutters.

> It dawned on me about a month ago that you stoke these debates not because
> you believe all of that which you post, but because you enjoy the affect it
> has on certain people. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, I don't
> know. But I wouldn't be surprised by it.

Many on this list are extreme lefties and can't tolerate people that
are not. I hope that hitting them hard with facts often enough will
enlighten them. It worked with Gruss.