not really. Before I left the United States I was a fully paid member
of the Conservative Party of Canada. My views have not changed much. I
suspect its more like the so-called conservatives in the US has gone
far to the right of moderate conservatism and well into the realm of
extremism. It looks like the Birchers may have won to a great extent.