> And the Roman quote?  Didn't the Roman empire
> collapse?  Perhaps not the best example to follow.

So, we should saddle our grandchildren with debt instead?  The Roman Empire
didn't fall for financial reasons if I remember my history correctly.  They
actually did a fair job of managing their economy most of the time.  Also
recall that of the many empires that have risen and fallen over the
millennia, the Romans stayed in power for around 800 years, far longer than
most, so they must have been doing something right.  Even if their empire
wasn't the largest, it was one of the more stable.

In any case, regardless of who said it, not saddling our grandchildren with
our debt seems like pretty good advice, even if they messaged up on
something else (like continual political infighting/assassination and
failing to defend against invading nomadic tribes from the north).
Hopefully it won't come to that for our civilization.  And remember, blame
Canada!

-Justin