Social Security also produces 25% of the revenue.  Are you taking that
into account?  The Department of Defense, on the other hand, is
revenue negative but eats as much of the budget as Social Security
even without the inclusion of all of the emergency spending bills.

You sure have a fixation on Social Security being the only problem.  I
don't see it.  If the Government would pay back the money appropriated
from the Social Security fund and keep their hands off it, it would be
exactly what it was intended to be - income for those workers who paid
into it paid out of the withholding with no need to tap the general
fund. It's not like we old folks are ripping off you youngsters.