On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your anger is misdirected, and your passion misguided.  But your heart
> is in the right place.  I too do not wish to pass debt to the next
> generations, but I also don't want to cut off the only source of food,
> housing and medical care for the seniors who have paid into the system
> and trusted that it would be there in their old age.  Are we not
> instructed to care for both the widows and the orphans?

I'm not angry, but I'm also not playing "pass the bill to the next
sucker" for the rest of my life.

Obviously we need to care for people who have no other means of
support. Safety nets exist for a good reason. Beyond that, it's all up
for grabs.

As for "Bush's wars", the vast majority of the country favored the
Afghanistan invasion as necessary to disrupting Al Qaeda. We'll just
have to disagree about Ir