On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Social Security also produces 25% of the revenue.  Are you taking that
> into account?  The Department of Defense, on the other hand, is
> revenue negative but eats as much of the budget as Social Security
> even without the inclusion of all of the emergency spending bills.

Social Security went in the red this year. Medicare isn't far behind.
We're only just at the beginning of the problem. Defense, on the other
hand, will decrease as a percentage of the budget as the other
programs explode.

> You sure have a fixation on Social Security being the only problem.  I
> don't see it.  If the Government would pay back the money appropriated
> from the Social Security fund and keep their hands off it, it would be
> exactly what it was intended to be - income for those workers who paid
> into it paid out of the withholding with no need to tap the general
> fund. It's not like we old folks are ripping off you youngsters.

So you are suggesting that current and future generations pay for
mistakes made by yesterday's politicians? I fail to see how that is
not ripping us