On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Yet nothing approaching that made it to a vote, let a lone passed."
>
> Who said it did?
>
> "And still you say there was no compromise, that it was a party-line
> shove down the throat of America. "
>
> Say what?  There was plenty of compromise.  All on the Democrat side.  The
> Louisiana Purchase, the Corn Husker Kickback, the no taxes on Cadillac
> insurance
> plans for unions, and so on.

You seemed to be claiming that the Health Insurance Reform bill was
100% a Democratic construct that blocked out Republican input and
kowtowed to the extremities of the Democratic party. At least, that's
what you offered up when I was talking about political parties pushing
a hard party line while catering to the extremes of their party.
Perhaps I misunderstood your statement.

> "You mean the meetings of the Gang of 6 that helped craft the original bill
> that had 3 Republicans on it and no Democrats from the Progressive caucus"
>
> No, like this:
>
> http://www.rollcall.com/news/39713-1.html or
> http://thehill.com/homenews/house/63941-democrats-lock-republicans-out-of-committee-room

You do realize that that incident has nothing to do with the
Healthcare Insurance Reform process, right? That was a spat over
committee function relating to Countrywide Mortgage and potential
sweetheart deals with Dodd. I'd also add that I supported the move to
investigate and subpoena.  But it has nothing to do with Democrats
working with Republicans on healthcare.

Ju