The first study I mentioned noted that following Pennsylvania's repeal non
helmet related head injuries went up over 42 percent. Here's the rest of the
quote:

The number of head-injured, hospitalized motorcyclists requiring further care
at facilities specializing in rehabilitation and long-term care increased 87
percent after the repeal, and increased 16 percent for non-head injured
motorcyclists.
Total acute care hospital charges stemming from motorcycle-related head
injuries increased 132 percent in the two years following repeal compared to 69
percent for non-head injuries.
---

That's for one state only. Want to multiply that by 50+ times and more. That's
not a few dollars per person.